Évènements Nordiques Gatineau Nordic Events (ENGNE) is a non-profit organization incorporated in the province of Quebec. The registration in the Registraire des entreprises was made on November 12, 2013 under the name of Évènements Nordiques Gatineau (NEQ 1169611275) in accordance with the laws and regulations of the province of Quebec.
ENGNE was created by Chelsea Nordiq Ski Club, Nakkertok Nordic Ski Association, Club Skinouk and Gatineau Loppet (also registered with SFQ as a club) with the original purpose of organizing the Gatineau stage of the 2016 Ski Tour Canada Cup FIS world. The clubs are equal partners, and each is represented on the ENGNE board of directors by two members appointed by their respective boards of directors. The eight members of ENGNE's board of directors are mandated to ensure that the activities of the corporation are aligned with the mission of the organization.
ENGNE vision statement :
Inspire more people to cross-country ski
ENGNE mission statement :
- Host, organize and promote major events and competitions in the field of cross-country skiing and other related sports activities
- Promote the practice of amateur and competitive sport and a healthy lifestyle.
- Expand the reputation of Gatineau and the National Capital Region as a sporting and cultural destination of choice.
ENGNE is an organization that exists to meet the needs of local clubs and organizations related to Nordic skiing.
ENGNE can act as an umbrella structure to help organize any major cross-country skiing, biathlon, rollerskiing and other related sporting events which could be the following :
- A Loppet
- Canadian Championships
- Eastern Canada Championships or other NorAm events
- A World Cup
- A World Championship
- Creation and management of a training center in the NCR