Annual ENGNE Canadian Ski Championships Awards Bursaries
for local Ottawa/Gatineau Cross-Country Skiing athletes
As a legacy component of the Gatineau FIS World Cup event organized by ENGNE in 2016, the board of ENGNE is pleased to offer the following annual bursaries to athlete members of ENGNE founding clubs.
These Canadian Ski Championships (CSC), award bursarys are given to high performance and developing athletes to help offset expenses and encourage the pursuit of excellence. There are three categories of Bursaries available for athletes to apply to:
- For Junior Boys and Girls (Jr.B) Category there are $500 bursaries available, two for Girls and two for Boys.
- For Junior Men and Women (Jr.A) Category there are $750 bursaries available, two for Men and two for Women.
- For Open Men and Women there are $750 bursaries available, two for Men and two for Women.
- Athlete must be a member of an ENGNE founding club (Skinouk, Chelsea, Nakkertok) for the season and must have competed at the CSC. Note that awards are provided based on achievements, not club affiliation (ie. There is no club quota)
- Only one Nationals Bursary per athlete per season.
- Athlete should complete the application form and submit to ENGNE no later than April 20th, 2019. Please send application to email@example.com and use ENGNE Canadian Ski Championships Awards Bursaries for your e-mail title.
Bursary Award and Distribution
- Applications are evaluated based on ski performance (75 %) and for community involvement, school and goals (25 %).
- An ENGNE Committee will evaluate applications and recommend candidates to the ENGNE board who will target an announcement by April 29nd 2019. Final decision rests with the Board of ENGNE.
ENGNE is a non-profit organisation (NPO) founded by local cross country enthusiasts from three clubs and a race organisation (Chelsea Nordiq Ski Club, Nakkertok Nordic, Club Skinouk and the Gatineau Loppet are equal partners) and incorporated in the province of Quebec.
ENGNE has as its Mission to organize, promote and host major events and competitions in the field of cross-country skiing and other related sports activities aimed at offering an enriching experience for all participants and fans, promoting the practice of amateur and competitive sport and a healthy lifestyle, as well as broadening the reputation of Gatineau and the National Capital Region as a sports and cultural destination of choice.