2018-2019 ENGNE High-Performance Bursaries
for local Gatineau/Ottawa Cross Country Skiing athletes
As a legacy component of the Gatineau FIS World Cup event organized by ENGNE in 2016, the board of ENGNE is pleased to offer the following Bursaries for the 2018-2019 season to athlete members of ENGNE founding clubs.
This $1000 High-Performance Bursary is given to high performance athletes to help offset expenses and encourage pursuit of excellence.
- The Bursary of $1000 is available to any athlete qualifying for a Cross Country Canada (CCC) Championships Able Bodied or Para National Team in the 2018-2019 season, for participation in a senior, junior or U23 World Championship.
- Athletes qualifying for other National Teams such as World Cups and FISU Universiade may submit an application. Pending budgets post team selection for official World Championship teams, ENGNE may award full or partial Bursaries to such athletes.
- The athlete must be a member of an ENGNE founding club (Skinouk, Chelsea, Nakkertok) for the 2018-2019 season but may be located at an official Training Centre or training group.
- The athlete must accept the offer from CCC to be part of a National Team.
- The athlete is eligible to receive only one High Performance Bursary per season.
- Athlete should confirm to ENGNE their selection and intent to join the National Team directly or through their respective Club Head Coach with supporting evidence the athlete intends to accept the CCC offer to join the team.
- The Bursary will be paid to the athlete as soon as confirmation is received and ENGNE Board approves distribution. Final decision rests with the Board of ENGNE.
ENGNE is a non-profit organisation (NPO) founded by local cross country enthusiasts from three clubs and a race organisation (Chelsea Nordiq Ski Club, Nakkertok Nordic, Club Skinouk and the Gatineau Loppet are equal partners) and incorporated in the province of Quebec.
ENGNE has as its Mission to organize, promote and host major events and competitions in the field of cross-country skiing and other related sports activities aimed at offering an enriching experience for all participants and fans, promoting the practice of amateur and competitive sport and a healthy lifestyle, as well as broadening the reputation of Gatineau and the National Capital Region as a sports and cultural destination of choice.